No-Bake Unicorn Pie
It’s (once again) been a while since I’ve given you a new recipe, so I’m coming back strong with an easy, no-bake recipe: Unicorn Pie! Kellogg’s makes a vanilla cupcake flavored cereal that they call Unicorn cereal. It is a limited edition flavor, and as far as I knew, it was only available at the Kellogg’s store in New York. Then one day, I’m just minding my own business walking through BJ’s (it’s the New England equivalent of Sam’s Club) and I see a huge box of Unicorn Cereal! It’s probably the equivalent of two family size boxes. I don’t really need that much Unicorn cereal, but it was my only option so I went with it.
This recipe calls for the Unicorn cereal, but you can substitute any cereal you’d like so you don’t have to make the same investment I did. Even with all my recipe testing, I still have an entire bag of it left! So basically I’ll be awaiting your suggestions for how I should use it.
Anyway, I really appreciate you sticking with me through the gaps in posts. I struggled to keep up last summer too. Summers are just so busy! But I hope you have been able to use some of the perfect summer recipes from the blog history. Like these. Or maybe these? Or maybe you prefer the no-bake route for summer? Let me know what else you’d love to see this summer!
- 2 cups Unicorn cereal crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt Diamond Crystal
- 2 cups Unicorn cereal milk (see notes for how to make this)
- 3 egg yolks beaten
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine cereal crumbs, sugar, and melted butter in a bowl till the crumbs are well moistened.
- Press crumbs into bottom of pie dish, and up the sides of the dish.
- Combine all ingredients except butter in a saucepan.
- Heat over medium-low heat, whisking constantly. Be sure to break up all the clumps of dry ingredients.
- When mixture thickens, remove from heat and stir in butter. Feel free to add food coloring here if you'd like.
- Cool filling.
- Pour into pie crust and refrigerate till completely chilled.