Flourless Chocolate Cake
I’m writing this post during what seems like a never-ending quarantine, but it doesn’t matter whether you’re here during this crazy time when you can’t find flour, or if you’re reading this days or months or years later when you have access to all the flour you could possibly need. This Flourless Chocolate Cake is rich, and fudgy, and gooey, and everything you could hope for in a chocolate dessert and I can guarantee you will not miss the flour one bit!
If you’ve had my Better Than Box Mix Brownies, this cake has a similar ooey gooey center. And this cake is just as easy! To start, you melt the butter and chocolate. I don’t have a microwave so I do this on the stove. You can do this in a double boiler, or you can be lazy like me and just throw them right into a pot over low heat. For the chocolate, you can use chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, or chopped chocolate. And you can use whatever chocolate you have – this can be milk chocolate, dark chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, or even bittersweet chocolate! Any of it will work.
Once both the chocolate and butter are melted, cool for a few minutes then stir in the sugar. Mix in the eggs and then the cocoa powder and you’re ready to go. It’s that easy! I love this recipe because it’s so quick and easy, it can all be made in one bowl (or one pot if you use the stove!), and the result is a rich, fudgy, chocolatey cake that can stand alone all on its own. I also highly recommend serving it warm with ice cream. You can’t ever go wrong with warm cake and ice cream.
See for yourself just how easy and delicious this Flourless Chocolate Cake is, and let me know what you think! Happy baking!!
Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 375 F and grease an 8" cake pan.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Stir in sugar.
- Add the eggs and mix.
- Stir in cocoa powder.
- Pour the batter into greased cake pan and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then flip out onto a plate, and carefully flip from the plate onto a cooling rack (this keeps the top of the cake smooth and shiny).
- Serve warm with ice cream, or cool completely and dust with powdered sugar or top with whipped cream.
- Slice and indulge!