Strawberries & Champagne Pie
Can you believe tomorrow is 2018?! Where has the year gone??? 2017 has been quite the roller coaster, but I always find the New Year holiday to be full of excitement and high hopes for the upcoming year. I’ve started setting my 2018 goals, and I’d love to hear your goals for the year! Share them in the comments!
One of my favorite traditions that my husband and I have started is an Accomplishment Jar. Through the year we write our accomplishments on slips of paper as they happen and drop them in the jar. Then on New Year’s Eve we dump out the jar and read all our accomplishments from the year. It’s a great reminder of all the positive moments from the year. We also pick out our favorite and keep it in the jar for the next year to bring back more positive memories. I am so excited to go through the jar this year. It’s definitely hard to remember to put the papers in the jar at the time, but I’ve been trying to keep up with it this year!
Now, about this pie. I’ve been so excited to share this recipe with you! The moment I came up with the idea for this pie, I wanted to make it immediately, but I knew this would be the perfect recipe for New Year’s. It’s a pretty easy recipe so you can definitely have it ready in time for tonight’s celebrations, or for a New Year’s day brunch.
My New Year’s Eve always consists of PJs and Prosecco on the couch, but I still need to have delicious desserts to help me stay awake and I’m excited to indulge in this. Whatever your plans, have fun, be safe, and wishing you all the best in 2018! Happy New Year!
Strawberries & Champagne Pie
- 1 pie crust
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup champagne
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups strawberries sliced
- 3 tablespoons prosecco
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Prepare the pie crust according to directions (see notes for my favorite recipe!)
- Cool the crust slightly, then brush with melted butter.
- Cool completely.
- While the crust is cooling, combine sugar, flour, salt, milk, and champagne in a saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat until the mixture begins to bubble (it will thicken quite a bit).
- Reduce heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Gradually add 1 cup of the hot mixture to the beaten eggs, stirring constantly.
- Return the egg mixture to the saucepan and heat over medium heat until hot, but not boiling.
- Reduce heat and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Pour into cooled pie shell and cool in fridge until chilled.
- Once filling has set, top pie with sliced strawberries.
- In a small bowl, combine champagne and powdered sugar to form glaze.
- Pour desired amount of glaze overtop of the strawberries.
- Slice and serve! Store in refrigerator. Pie should be served cold.