Have you ever tried something that you never thought would actually work, but then it does?! For me that’s Fluffernutter Pie! With a bread crumb crust, a smooth and creamy peanut butter filling, and topped with sticky, sweet Marshmallow Fluff, this super easy no-bake peanut butter Fluff pie will become your new favorite!
Why this recipe works
Fluffernutter sandwiches have been around for over 100 years so clearly there is something very right about these flavors! And when you turn it into a pie, it only gets better!
Ingredients and notes
Bread Crumbs – To keep this as true as possible to a Fluffernutter sandwich, this pie has a crumb crust made out of bread crumbs. This can absolutely be made with a standard pie crust, or even a graham cracker or vanilla wafer crumb crust.
Peanut Butter – One of the two most important ingredients in a Fluffernutter, this peanut butter marshmallow fluff pie has a peanut butter filling. I prefer creamy peanut butter in this recipe, but crunchy peanut butter works too – you’ll just have crunchy bites of peanut in your pie filling.
Marshmallow Fluff – This is, of course, the other key ingredient. While this can be substituted with melty marshmallows, it’s really best to use the real thing if you can!
How to make this recipe
In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, sugar, and melted butter till the crumbs are fully moistened.
Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of and up the sides of a 9″ pie dish.
Freeze for at least 20 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla extract, and set aside.
In a separate mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture.
Pour the mixture into the frozen pie crust and spread evenly.
Cover the pie with plastic wrap, gently pressing the wrap to the peanut butter filling and refrigerate for at least four hours.
Spread Marshmallow Fluff over the top of the peanut butter pie filling, slice and enjoy!
Store pie in the refrigerator.
A Fluffernutter is a sandwich (created in Massachusetts!!) made with peanut butter and Marshmallow Fluff between two slices of white bread.
This peanut butter fluff recipe will keep for a few days, but it’s so good, it might not ever make it that long!
These are essentially the same. The main difference is how they are made, but Marshmallow Cream will definitely work in this Fluffernutter recipe!
Tips & Tricks
- Freezing the crust before filling it keeps the crust from getting soggy. This is usually done by baking, but since we don’t baking this pie crust, we freeze it!
- Check to ensure your pie dish is freezer safe. Most of the standard brands are, but we certainly don’t want any shattered pie dishes!
- When beating the heavy cream. Make sure the cream is very cold (keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to beat) to ensure that stiff peaks form.
- If you are like me and cant get enough chocolate, you could definitely add a chocolate ganache layer on top of the chilled peanut butter pie. After adding the ganache, you’ll need to chill for another hour before adding the Fluff.
- If you have a kitchen torch, you can toast your Marshmallow Fluff topping!
Did you try this recipe? Review and comment below, and share a photo on Instagram and tag @flourdeliz!
Pin this recipe for later:
- 9" pie dish
- small bowl
- 2 mixing bowls
- stand or hand mixer
- silicone spatula
- 1 1/2 cups plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 10-15 oz Marshmallow Fluff
- Combine all crust ingredients until crumbs are fully moistened.
- Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9" pie dish.
- Freeze for at least 20 minutes.
- Beat together cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture.
- Spread evenly into the frozen crust, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Spread as much or as little Marshmallow Fluff on top of the peanut butter filling.
- Slice and enjoy!