I can’t think of a better first blog post than chocolate chip cookies! Chocolate chip cookies are a classic treat, and they happen to be my favorite! For as long as I can remember, I have always made the exact same chocolate chip cookie recipe. It has been my tried and true recipe. There was rarely a cookie I could find that I thought compared to my chewy chocolate chip cookies, but I decided I wanted to improve it. I wanted to create the perfect chocolate chip cookie.
How to make Perfectly Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
I’ve tested and tested and tested. I've tested more than 20 recipes. And I finally have it - the perfect recipe! This cookie is the texture that chocolate chip cookies should be. So soft. So chewy. So delicious. And the best part? They are so easy! All you need for this recipe is a mixing bowl and a spoon - no mixer required.
You'll first stir together the melted butter and brown sugar. Next you'll stir in the eggs and vanilla. Then you'll add the flour, salt and cornstarch. And finally you'll stir in the chocolate chips. I like to chill the dough for 30 minutes. It keeps the cookies from spreading and it makes the dough a bit easier to work with. BUT, if you are in a hurry you can make these without refrigerating the dough and have tons of cookies in less than an hour.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Perfectly Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ½ sticks butter melted
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt slightly heaped, Diamond Crystal
- 2 ½ cups chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar until well mixed.
- Add egg, yolk, and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Add flour, cornstarch, and salt and stir until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Form approximately 1 tablespoon balls of dough and place on lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate dough balls for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line two cookie sheets with non-stick foil or a silicone baking mat. Place cooled dough balls approximately 1.5"-2" apart on lined cookie sheets. Using the palm of your hand, press down to flatten the balls to about ½" thick.
- Bake at 325 for 8-10 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for approximately 5 minutes, then transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
These cookies look right up my wheelhouse and should be a great addition to all of the holiday cookie swaps coming up!
Such a great idea! Let me know how you like them!
I made this recipe with my 27 month old and while wearing my newborn. Super easy recipe. I am a baking novice and I’ve only done premixed or frozen dough. my son had a blast and it was a great learning experience of following directions and math. Can’t wait to make these again.
I'm so glad you both had such a great experience! You are supermama!!