Want to know the secret for making any dessert recipe a thousand times better? It's adding Nutella! Nutella makes everything better. It might possibly make the world go round. If nothing else, it makes my life go round! So how do you step up a Rice Krispie Treat recipe? Add Nutella! And once you try these Nutella Rice Krispie Treats, you'll never go back to a regular Rice Krispie Treat again.
How to Make Nutella Rice Krispies Treats
You'll start by melting butter, marshmallows, and salt either on the stove or in the microwave. Once it's close to melted, you'll add in the Nutella, and continue stirring (if on the stove) until the butter and marshmallows are melted and smooth, and the Nutella is well combined. You'll then stir in the Rice Krispies. I usually use a rubber spatula for this, and spray it with non-stick spray. Lastly, you'll spread the mixture into a lined 9x13 pan and let set. Once set, use a knife sprayed with non-stick spray to cut into squares.
That's it! It's so easy and it completely levels up your Rice Krispie treat game! You could even add m&ms or spread some extra Nutella on top if you're feeling extra spunky! These make perfect snacks, could be added into school lunches or Easter baskets, or make delicious gifts for those extra special people who deserve the love that Nutella brings! Luckily they're so quick and easy, you could make them for all of those reasons, but be sure to make some extra for yourself because you deserve it!
Love Rice Krispie Treats? Check out these Maple Rice Krispie Treats!
Nutella Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces marshmallows
- 1 cup Nutella
- 9 ounce box Rice Krispies
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt Diamond Crystal
- Line a 9x13 pan with wax paper or non-stick foil.
- Combine marshmallows and butter in a microwave-safe bowl or in a medium saucepan.
- If microwaving, heat for 45 seconds, add Nutella, and heat for another 15-20 seconds. If on the stove, melt butter and marshmallows over medium-low heat until mostly melted, then add in Nutella and continue stirring.
- Stir until smooth, then add in the Rice Krispies and salt.
- Spread evenly into lined pan, let set, and cut into squares.
You had me at Nutella! These look absolutely incredible!
It should just be on everything! You can't go wrong!