No-Churn Nutella Ice Cream
Did you know that you can make ice cream so easily from your own kitchen without an ice cream maker? This also gives you the freedom to create whatever flavors you want. So of course, you know the first flavor I’m going to create will be Nutella because, well, it’s Nutella! You can easily whip up this No-Churn Nutella Ice Cream in a matter of minutes, and the hardest part is waiting for it to freeze!
Why this recipe works
I mean, it’s Nutella Ice Cream, how could it not work?! But actually, no-churn ice cream is so easy to make with no special equipment needed, and the result comes out so similar to ice cream. It’s made by combining Nutella with sweetened condensed milk, and folded into the whipped cream and it freezes into the texture of ice cream.
Ingredients and notes
Nutella – This is the key flavor in the recipe! You can’t have Nutella ice cream without Nutella!
Heavy Whipping Cream – This will be whipped into whipped cream, which gives no-churn ice cream its creamy texture.
How to make this recipe
Place a metal loaf pan in the freezer.
Combine Nutella, sweetened condensed milk, and salt, and set aside.
Whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
Fold the Nutella mixture into the whipped cream.
Pour into loaf pan and freeze for at least 4 hours. Longer is better!
Yes! It’s not exactly the same thing as ice cream made with an ice cream machine, but it’s soft and creamy and comes out just like ice cream! It’s delicious!
Making ice cream requires an ice cream maker that churns the ingredients to create the final product. No-churn ice cream makes a version of ice cream that does not require any special equipment, such as an ice cream maker. It also doesn’t require any form of a churning process.
No! Evaporated milk is much thinner in consistency and does not have the same sweetness as sweetened condensed milk. You will want to be sure you’re using sweetened condensed milk for this recipe.
Tips & Tricks
- Freezing a metal loaf pan ahead of making this recipe helps the ice cream to freeze more quickly, but if you don’t have a metal pan, that’s okay too! Just make sure it’s freezer safe!
- When whipping cream, you can check if it’s ready by stopping the mixer and sticking the beater or whisk straight down into the mixture and pull it straight up. If it creates a peak that stands up on it’s own, it’s ready. Be careful not to overwhip it!
- When folding in the Nutella mixture, fold gently to try to not let all the air out of the whipped cream!
4-Ingredient Sweet Corn Ice Cream
4-Ingredient Avocado Ice Cream
Nutella Whipped Cream
Nutella Rice Krispie Treats
Nutella Hot Chocolate on a Stick
Strawberries & Champagne Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting
Did you try this recipe? Review and comment below, and share a photo on Instagram and tag @flourdeliz!
Pin this recipe for later:
No-Churn Nutella Ice Cream
- Mixer or whisk
- silicone spatula
- Two bowls
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2-2 cups Nutella
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt Diamond Crystal
- Chill a metal loaf pan in the freezer.
- Whisk sweetened condensed milk, Nutella, and salt together.
- Beat the heavy cream till stiff.
- Fold the Nutella mixture into the whipped cream mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Line chilled loaf pan with parchment paper, and pour in ice cream mixture.
- Chill until ice cream texture, about 4-5 hours, or overnight.
This post was updated in May 2021 with new photos, an updated recipe, and additional information about the recipe.