Did you know that you can make homemade ice cream so easily from your own kitchen without an ice cream maker? Making this 3-ingredient frozen treat from scratch is not only incredibly easy, but it also gives you the freedom to create whatever flavors you want. So of course, you know the first flavor I'm going to create will be Nutella because, well, it's Nutella! You can quickly whip up this super simple 3 Ingredient No-Churn Nutella Ice Cream in a matter of minutes - the hardest part is waiting for it to freeze!
Why this recipe works
I mean, it's Nutella Ice Cream, how could it not be incredible?! This recipe is so easy to make with no special equipment needed, and the result comes out so soft and smooth and creamy. It's made by combining Nutella with sweetened condensed milk, and then folding it into whipped cream and freezing.
Ingredients and notes
Nutella - The chocolate hazelnut goodness of Nutella is the key flavor in this 3-ingredient no-churn recipe. You can't have Nutella ice cream without Nutella!
Sweetened Condensed Milk - Sweetened Condensed Milk contributes to both the sweetness of this rich, chocolatey recipe, as well as the softened texture. If the Nutella and condensed milk combo is too sweet for your taste, this ingredient can be reduced a bit, but should not be skipped completely.
Heavy Whipping Cream - The whipping cream will be whipped into whipped cream, which gives this Nutella-flavored no-churn treat its creamy texture.
How to make this recipe
Place a metal loaf pan in the freezer.
Combine Nutella and sweetened condensed milk, and set aside.
Whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
Fold the Nutella mixture into the whipped cream.
Pour into loaf pan and freeze for at least 4 hours. Longer is better!
Yes! It's not exactly the same as making it with an ice cream machine, but it's soft and creamy and frozen and oh so delicious!
Making a no-churn recipe instead avoids needing any special equipment. It also doesn't require any form of a churning process. Many ice cream recipes also call for eggs, but this homemade no-churn recipe is made without eggs.
No! Evaporated milk is much thinner in consistency and does not have the same sweetness as sweetened condensed milk. You will want to be sure you're using sweetened condensed milk for this recipe.
The options are endless! There are so many recipes you can make with this divine chocolate hazelnut spread, such as Nutella Whipped Cream, Nutella Cups, or even Nutella Hot Chocolate! Or you could mix it into your coffee, spread it on cookies or cupcakes, or even eat it straight out of the jar!
Tips & Tricks
- Freezing a metal loaf pan ahead of making this recipe helps this Nutella dessert to freeze more quickly, but if you don't have a metal pan, that's okay too! Just make sure it's freezer safe!
- When whipping cream, you can check if it's ready by stopping the mixer and sticking the beater or whisk straight down into the mixture and pulling it straight up. If it creates a peak that stands up on its own, it's ready. Be careful not to overwhip it!
- When folding in the Nutella mixture, fold gently to try to not let all the air out of the whipped cream!
Did you try this recipe? Review and comment below, and share a photo on Instagram and tag @flourdeliz!
Pin this recipe for later:
No-Churn Nutella Ice Cream
- Mixer or whisk
- silicone spatula
- Two bowls
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½-2 cups Nutella
- Chill a metal loaf pan in the freezer.
- Whisk sweetened condensed milk and Nutella together.
- Beat the heavy cream till stiff.
- Fold the Nutella mixture into the whipped cream mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Line chilled loaf pan with parchment paper, and pour in Nutella mixture.
- Chill about 4-5 hours, or overnight.
- Scoop and enjoy!
This post was updated in May 2021 with new photos, an updated recipe, and additional information about the recipe.
This ice cream is a Nutella lover's dream! Most certianly the creamiest no-churn ice cream I have made. I added a bit of strawberry preserves into the ice cream and it worked well! Thanks for the recipe!
I love the idea of adding preserves!! Strawberry and Nutella are such a perfect combo! So glad you liked it!!