Nothing is better for summer than no-bake treats to beat the heat! I know that this flavor may seem strange, but what two foods scream summer more than ice cream and corn?! If separately they are two of the best summer foods, why not try them together? And you know this recipe is so easy, so delicious, and so worth it! Plus, if you can get fresh corn from a local farm, you just can't beat that! But if you can't, canned corn works too!
Why this recipe works
Corn is one of the sweeter vegetables, and we already know it works well in sweet things, like cornbread (team sugar!), and creamy things, like creamed corn, so this is just combining the two into everyone's favorite summer treat!
Ingredients and notes
Sweetened Condensed Milk - Sweetened condensed milk creates the sweetness in this recipe. Using sugar in a no-churn ice cream can create a grainy texture, so sweetened condensed milk is a smooth way to sweeten the recipe.
Corn - Corn is the star of this recipe! This is the sole source of flavor in this recipe so it's arguably the most important ingredient.
Heavy Cream - Heavy cream is whipped into whipped cream to make your ice cream light and airy.
How to make this recipe
No-Churn Ice Cream
Whisk sweetened condensed milk, pureed corn, and salt together.
Beat the heavy cream till stiff, creating whipped cream.
Fold the corn mixture in to the whipped cream and mix thoroughly.
Pour into chilled loaf pan and freeze until ice cream texture, about 5 hours.
It tastes similar to a sweet creamed corn, but with vanilla ice cream instead of cream!
Not for this recipe. Because you're using the cream to create whipped cream, it has to actually be cream. Milk will not whip up in the same way, and you need to whip the cream into whipped cream to create the ice cream texture.
If you're going to make ice cream in an ice cream maker, you may use eggs, but for no-churn recipes that aren't cooked, you wouldn't want to use eggs since we don't want to eat raw eggs!
Tips & Tricks
- I like to use a metal loaf pan because metal will get much colder than glass or Pyrex, and I like to chill it before I make the ice cream so it's already cold when I pour the ice cream mixture into it.
- When whipping your heavy cream into whipped cream, you don't want to overwhip. To know if it's done, stick your whisk straight down into the mixture, and pull it straight up. If it holds the shape of a peak without flopping over to the side, it's ready!
- Fold the corn mixture into the whipped cream gently! You don't want to deflate all the air that you whipped into the whipped cream out of it.
4-ingredient Avocado Ice Cream
No-Churn Nutella Ice Cream
Did you try this recipe? Review and comment below, and share a photo on Instagram and tag @flourdeliz!
Pin this recipe for later:
4-Ingredient Sweet Corn Ice Cream
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cobs corn off cob, cooked, and pureed
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt Diamond Crystal
- Chill a metal loaf pan.
- Whisk sweetened condensed milk, pureed corn, and salt together.
- Beat the heavy cream till stiff.
- Fold the corn mixture in to the whipped cream and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into chilled loaf pan and chill until ice cream texture, about 5 hours.
This sounds like the definition of summer!! Love love it!
A perfect combo of summer favorites!
Well, that’s a keeper! A crowd pleaser & easy as could be!
I'm so glad you liked it!!!