There is a breakfast and brunch restaurant in Louisville called Wild Eggs, and while they serve lots of delicious food, I can't ever go there and not get an Everything Muffin. These muffins are flavored with everything bagel seasoning, and are salty-sweet baked gloriousness. Now that I don’t live in Louisville, I had to figure out how I could have these anytime I wanted. And as it turns out, this might be the easiest muffin recipe ever! This epic breakfast muffin takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish and will be the most perfect start to your morning!
Why this recipe works
Everything bagel seasoning is such a versatile seasoning. It's delicious on so much more than just bagels! It's flavorful and a little bit salty which balances perfectly with the slight sweetness of a more basic muffin. And on top of how delicious they are, these Everything Muffins are so incredibly easy to make from scratch that they will quickly become a go-to breakfast or the best snack!
Ingredients and notes
Sugar - The sugar in this flavorful muffin recipe not only balances out the saltiness of the seasoning, but sugar also contributes to the texture of these muffins. Sugar helps contribute to the rise of muffins, as well as to the browning and moistness. If you reduce or eliminate the sugar, the result will likely be a dense, dry muffin.
Everything Seasoning - This seasoning is the flavor of these mouthwatering morning muffins. The first time I made these I used the Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel Seasoning, but now there are so many brands of everything seasoning so choose your favorite to make this Everything Muffin recipe, or you could even make your own!
Milk - Milk is one of the key liquids in this easy breakfast recipe. Cream or even half and half can be used if you don't have milk, however any milk with flavor such as almond milk will be noticeable in this everything seasoning muffin recipe so you'll likely want to avoid milk products that have their own flavor.
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 375 F and spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and everything seasoning in a mixing bowl, then create a hole in the center of the dry ingredients.
Pour the melted butter, milk, and eggs into the hole at the center of the dry ingredients.
Stir until the dry ingredients are just moistened.
Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups.
Bake 15-18 minutes. The muffins will be golden brown on the tops and sides.
Cool in the muffin pan for 5 minutes, then remove and place on a wire rack to cool completely (or enjoy warm!)
Each one may differ slightly depending on the brand or the recipe, but the basic seasonings that make up this blend are salt, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, garlic, and onion.
Absolutely! If you make these scrumptious salty-sweet morning treats in advance, let them cool completely and then store them in an airtight container at room temperature. They will last 1-2 weeks if they haven't all been devoured before then!
Make more muffins!!! But if you're looking for some other uses, I personally love it on my avocado toast. It's also delicious on popcorn, on potatoes in all forms, and so much more. You really can't go wrong!
Tips & Tricks
- Be careful to not overmix the batter. Mixing until the batter is just moistened will ensure a moist and perfectly textured muffin!
- I always try to make the hole in the dry ingredients big enough to hold the wet ingredients, but it's fine if the wet ingredients overflow out of the well when you add them!
- Each brand or recipe for everything seasoning is different. Some may be saltier than others, some may be more garlicky than others, etc. You may have to adjust the amount of the seasoning added to the muffins based on the brand or recipe of seasoning you choose. The best way to control the flavor is to make your own seasoning, but I like to keep things as easy as possible so I always use store-bought!
Did you try this recipe? Review and comment below, and share a photo on Instagram and tag @flourdeliz!
Pin this recipe for later:
- Mixing bowl
- silicone spatula
- Muffin tin
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cups sugar see notes
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup everything seasoning
- 1 ½ sticks butter melted
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line or spray muffin pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and everything seasoning.
- Create a hole in the center of the dry ingredients. Add the butter, milk, and eggs into the hole.
- Stir until just moistened.
- Scoop batter into cups, evenly dividing among the 12 cups.
- Bake 15-18 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then move to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once cool, store in a sealed container, until ready to eat. Serve warm or room temperature.
This recipe was originally posted on January 21, 2019, but was republished with new photos, additional information about the recipe, step-by-step instructions, FAQs, and tips and tricks in January of 2022.