One of my favorite things in cooler weather is chai. It’s so comforting and warm and delicious! When we were first moved to Boston and did not yet have internet in the apartment, I spent a lot of time at a local coffee shop in my neighborhood drinking chai after chai while working. That coffee shop has the best chai: it’s so light and foamy and delicious! I wanted to create a chai dessert that resembled those traits: light, fluffy, and delicious! I think this recipe for mini Chai Loaves achieves exactly that!
How to make Chai Loaves
These are so incredibly easy to make! You’ll start by beating the butter and sugar together. Then you’ll add the eggs, followed by the chai, and ending with the addition of the dry ingredients. That’s it! Your batter is ready!
I bake these in a mini loaf pan, which is similar to a cupcake tin, but they are rectangular holes to make perfect little mini loaves. You could also make this recipe in a full-size loaf pan, but note that the bake time will be longer.
These have a perfect light and subtle flavor, but are so soft and moist and delicious. These are great for gifts, or an afternoon snack, or even make a perfect breakfast!
Looking for a little extra flavor? Try Pumpkin Chai Bread!
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chai tea concentrate
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt Diamond Crystal
- 2 cups flour
- Spray loaf pan with non-stick spray or line with non-stick foil.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and mix till combined
- Add tea and mix till combined.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix in.
- Add flour and mix until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly among the nine mini loaves, filling about 3/4 of each cup, and bake for 20-30 minutes, until a knife or toothpick inserted into the center of the center loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.