No yeast or bread machine is needed for this delicious and incredibly easy Pumpkin Chai Bread. This recipe is made in a mini loaf pan which makes for perfectly delicious gifts, a lovely afternoon snack, or even a quick and easy breakfast! The recipe also includes an optional cream cheese frosting, but I'll always say yes to frosting! This chai-spiced pumpkin bread comes together in one bowl in less than 30 minutes.
Why this recipe works
Pumpkin and chai are a surprisingly perfect combo. Pumpkin spice lattes are delicious (I've actually never had one, but that's what I hear!) and chai lattes are delicious, and while this treat is not latte-inspired, the flavors most certainly are.
Ingredients and notes
Chai Concentrate - You do not want to brew chai, but rather use the concentrated chai for the strongest flavor. You can buy a box of this in the tea section at any grocery store. It has different names, but it's a chai latte without the milk (the instructions on the box will say to mix with milk).
Canned Pumpkin - Canned pumpkin keeps this recipe easy, but you could certainly make this chai pumpkin bread with fresh pumpkin too.
Cream Cheese - I think a cream cheese frosting is a perfect complement to this delicious Pumpkin Chai Bread, but you could make any kind of frosting that excites you! Even a basic glaze would be delicious!
How to make this recipe
Beat the butter and sugar together.
Add the eggs and mix in.
Add the chai concentrate and pumpkin and combine.
Finally, add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined.
Pour into greased pan and bake!
Beat the butter till it gets light and fluffy.
Beat in the cream cheese.
Add the powdered sugar, starting with a half cup, and continue adding in small amounts until the frosting is the desired consistency.
Top the cooled pumpkin chai loaves and enjoy!
Pure pumpkin is usually how canned pumpkin is labeled. This is different from pumpkin pie filling. The distinction is that pure pumpkin is just pumpkin, hence the name, whereas pumpkin pie filling is pumpkin with pumpkin pie spices. Pumpkin puree is most often fresh pumpkin that has been pureed. Canned pumpkin and pureed pumpkin can be used interchangeably, but pumpkin pie filling can not be substituted.
This Pumpkin Chai Bread is so perfectly paired with a cozy mug of coffee or tea. Cream cheese frosting is amazing on it, but a buttercream frosting or even a glaze would be incredible on top of this moist and delicious loaf.
No, but they are very similar! While each vary a bit depending on the brand you buy or the recipe you make, the key distinction is that chai has cardamom and pumpkin spice does not. In this case we have a chai spiced pumpkin bread - we use pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie spice, and we use chai concentrate which is loaded with chai spice.
Tips & Tricks
- After adding the dry ingredients, mix the batter as little as possible but enough to ensure the dry ingredients are fully incorporated.
- If you don't have a mini loaf pan, you can make these in a regular loaf pan, but will need to increase bake time. You can also make these in a cupcake tin and have pumpkin chai muffins!
Spiced No Yeast Beer Bread
Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows
Bourbon Pumpkin Pie
Bite-Sized Pumpkin Pie Cheesecakes
Shipyard Pumpkinhead Iced Cookies
Peanut Butter Pumpkin Sweet Potato Pupcakes (for dogs!)
Did you try this recipe? Review and comment below, and share a photo on Instagram and tag @flourdeliz!
Pin this recipe for later:
Pumpkin Chai Bread
- Mixing bowl
- stand or hand mixer
- loaf pan (or cupcake pan)
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chai concentrate
- ½ - 1 can pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt Diamond Crystal
- 2 cups flour
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- ½ - 1 cup powdered sugar
- Spray loaf pan with non-stick spray and preheat oven to 375 F.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and mix till combined.
- Add chai and pumpkin and mix till combined.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix in.
- Add flour and mix till incorporated.
- Fill mini loaves about ¾ way with batter and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat butter till soft and fluffy.
- Beat in cream cheese till combined.
- Add powdered sugar until frosting reaches desired consistency and sweetness.
- Spread onto tops of cooled loaves.
This post was updated in October 2021 with additional information about the recipe.