Pumpkin Chai Bread
I know PSLs are all the rage, but come fall, I’m far more excited about chai season! Chai is the perfect combination of sweet and spiced. For full disclosure, I’ve never had a PSL, but if pumpkin and coffee work together, it seems like pumpkin and chai would work too! And if you’re not sure about that flavor combo, give this pumpkin chai bread a try and it will surely convince you!
How to make Pumpkin Chai Bread
These are so incredibly easy to make! You’ll start by beating the butter and sugar together. Then you’ll add the eggs, followed by the chai and pumpkin, and ending with the addition of the dry ingredients. That’s it! Your batter is ready!
I bake these in a mini loaf pan, which is similar to a cupcake tin, but they are rectangular holes to make perfect little mini loaves. You could also make this recipe in a full-size loaf pan, but note that the bake time will be longer.
How to make cream cheese frosting
If you’d like to top these with cream cheese frosting, start by beating the butter till it gets light and fluffy, then beat in the cream cheese, followed by the powdered sugar. Once the frosting is the desired consistency, top the cooled pumpkin chai loaves and enjoy!
These would perfectly accompany your morning cup of coffee, or make a perfect afternoon snack. These are super delicious both with and without frosting, so feel free to mix it up and it’s like two desserts in one recipe!
Not a pumpkin fan? Check out these Chai Loaves!
Pumpkin Chai Bread
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chai tea concentrate
- 1/2 - 1 can pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1/2 - 1 cup powdered sugar
- Spray loaf pan with non-stick spray and preheat oven to 375 F.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and mix till combined.
- Add chai tea and pumpkin and mix till combined.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix in.
- Add flour and mix till incorporated.
- Fill mini loaves about 3/4 way with batter and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat butter till soft and fluffy.
- Beat in cream cheese till combined.
- Add powdered sugar until frosting reaches desired consistency and sweetness.
- Spread onto tops of cooled loaves.