Samoas (aka Caramel deLites) are tied with Tagalongs (aka Peanut Butter Patties) for my absolute favorite Girl Scout Cookie. There are so many amazing chocolate peanut butter recipes out there, but I realized there are not enough Chocolate Caramel Coconut recipes out there in the world. So I decided to put one out there for you to indulge: Caramel Chocolate Coconut Bread Pudding! It's so easy to make, and you can make it as chocolatey and caramelly as you'd like!
How to Make Coconut Bread Pudding
Get a bowl bigger than you think you'll need. I used my largest mixing bowl for this. You'll lightly beat the eggs with a fork, then add the coconut cream, butter, sugar, and salt. One the liquid is all mixed together you'll gently stir in the bread. Be sure not to smush it too much (but even if you do, it will still be delicious)! Once the bread is well coated with the liquid, you'll put it all into a baking dish and bake for about 40 minutes. The bread should look golden brown and toasty.
That's it! It's ready to go!
How to Serve Caramel Chocolate Coconut Bread Pudding
I personally think it's most delicious served warm, but it's quite good at room temperature too. You can always heat it up in the oven a bit just before serving if you made it in advance. I like to serve it in bowls, but you can certainly get creative with your serving dishes! Once plated (or bowled!), top with chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, and shredded coconut. You could also use hot fudge for some extra chocolatey goodness. You could even make a "top-your-own bread pudding" set-up and put out chocolate and caramel sauces, and coconut shreds (and maybe throw some sprinkles out there because why not!) and let everyone top their own dishes!
There are no rules for how you enjoy this delicious treat - the only rule is that you enjoy it!
Also check out this recipe for Cafe au Lait Bread Pudding!
Caramel Chocolate Coconut Bread Pudding
- 2 eggs
- 1 can coconut cream this is thicker than coconut milk
- ½ stick butter cubed
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt Diamond Crystal
- 1 loaf challah or other soft bread cubed
- caramel sauce for topping
- chocolate sauce or hot fudge for topping
- shredded coconut for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick foil.
- Put eggs in a large mixing bowl and beat lightly.
- Add coconut cream, butter, sugar, and salt to the eggs.
- Gently stir in bread cubes.
- Pour into lined pan and bake 30-40 min.
- Serve with sauces over warm pudding and sprinkle with coconut shreds.