I've never been big on spicy foods. I want to love it, but I'm just so sensitive to spice. Every now and then, though, I power through the spiciness for the delicious flavor that's hiding underneath. These Fiery Chocolate Cupcakes are so rich and chocolatey and delicious, with a beautiful kick of heat at the end to bring a warmth to your soul.
How to make Fiery Chocolate Cupcakes
You'll start with the standard first step for so many recipes, beating together the butter and sugar. You'll then add the eggs and vanilla. Separately, you'll combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl, and then add alternating the dry ingredients and the milk until fully incorporated. Fill a lined cupcake pan with batter, bake, and let cool.
How to make Fiery Chocolate Icing
Combine all the ingredients except milk and powdered sugar, and beat well. Then alternate adding milk and powdered sugar until desired consistency. Once you have your frosting, taste it, and continue to add cinnamon and cayenne until it reaches your desired spice level. Pipe on to completely cooled cupcakes.
These will make a perfectly scary treat for your next Halloween party, or for a chilly gathering around a nice bonfire. Cozy up in the cooler months with these hot and fiery treats!
Fiery Chocolate Cupcakes
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt Diamond Crystal
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons espresso powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- ½ cup milk
- 1 stick butter melted
- ⅔ cups cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ - 1 teaspoon cayenne
- ½ - 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-4 cups powdered sugar
- ¼-1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a cupcake tin with paper liners.
- Beat butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour through cayenne.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the milk to the egg mixture, starting and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Divide evenly among 12 liners and bake 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes in the tin for approximately 5 minutes, then move cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine butter, cocoa powder, vanilla, and spices.
- Alternate adding in powdered sugar and milk until icing is desired consistency.
- Continue adding cinnamon and cayenne until desired heat level is achieved.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes.