I was never much of a wine drinker until after I graduated from college and spent 3 weeks in Europe with a friend. We made friends everywhere we went, but in Rome we spent time with two girls we met at the hostel and at dinner one of the girls ordered a bottle of Prosecco. I said I didn’t like wine much, but she assured me this would change my mind, and she was right! I do drink wine now, but there is nothing I love more than a glass of bubbly. It's my go-to on any wine menu! So of course I have to find a way to work this into a dessert! And these little No-Bake Prosecco Cheesecakes are the perfect balance of prosecco flavor with cheesecake deliciousness.
How to Make No-Bake Prosecco Cheesecakes
These cheesecakes are made in two easy steps. The first is the crust, which is simply combining Nilla wafer crumbs with melted putter, then press into a lined or greased muffin pan. To then make the cheesecake, you'll combine the melts, prosecco, and cream in a double boiler. To double boil, you'll want to put the ingredients in a heatproof bowl and place that bowl into a pot of boiling water. It's often easiest when the bowl has a lip so that it can hang on the pot - you want to avoid water getting into the ingredients. You also ideally don't want the bottom of the bowl touching the water.
Once the mixture is melted and smooth, you'll want to remove the bowl from the pot of water and let the mixture cool for about 15 minutes. The mixture will be fairly liquidy. You'll then want to beat in the cream cheese until smooth. This will thicken it up some, but it may still be a bit more liquidy than you expect. Pour this mixture on top of each crust, filling the cup most of the way to the top. You'll then chill the cheesecakes for several hours, ideally overnight.
These are perfect for those hot days where you don't want to turn on your oven or a fun way to celebrate a special occasion! No excuse is ever needed for bubbly so pop a bottle, toss a little into the cheesecake, and sip on the rest while you wait for these No-Bake Prosecco Cheesecakes to chill! Cheers!
No-Bake Prosecco Cheesecake
- About 30 Nilla Wafers
- ½ stick butter melted
- 6 oz vanilla melts or white chocolate either chips, or baking chocolate cut evenly-sized
- ¼ cup cream
- ⅓ cup prosecco or sparkling wine about half of a 187 mL bottle
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Blend wafers in a food processor till crumbs.
- Combine crumbs with melted butter until all crumbs are moistened.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray or line with cupcake wrappers.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottoms of each muffin cup.
- In a double boiler combine vanilla melts (or white chocolate), cream, and prosecco.
- Stir frequently until melts or chips are completely melted.
- Remove from heat and cool for about 15-20 minutes.
- Beat in cream cheese till smooth and combined.
- Pour or spoon some filling onto the top of each crust, filling most of the way to the top.
- Chill cakes for several hours, or overnight.
- Serve chilled and celebrate!