This past weekend my Super Bowl dreams were shattered. As a Titans fan, it felt like this could have been the year! Unfortunately, two teams will be going to the Super Bowl, and neither of them will be mine. I will be there for the commercials, a good game between the Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers, and obviously, (and most importantly) the snacks. I’m really glad I tested these dessert nachos over the weekend because I ate the entire plate to ease my pain of the Titans’ loss. But this allowed me to make sure they’re perfect for your Super Bowl watch parties! And what’s a better gameday snack than nachos?!
The salty and sweet combo is always a winner and these nachos make a perfect snack that you can eat all throughout the game. I used Cape Cod Kettle Chips, dark chocolate chips, coconut, and dark chocolate m&ms, but the best part of these is that you can change things up and have all sorts of options, or you could even set up a build-your-own nacho bar! You can use chips or pretzels or popcorn, you can use dark chocolate or milk chocolate or white chocolate, you can add toppings of coconut or m&ms or peanuts. There is so much room for variety in these and you truly can’t go wrong!
So tell me, what do you do for the Super Bowl? Who are you cheering for? Are you more of a Puppy Bowl person? Are you just in it for the commercials? Let me know in the comments!
- 1 bag chips or pretzels
- 1 cup chocolate chips dark, milk, white, or flavored
- 1/2 can dulce de leche
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup m&ms, coconut, peanuts, or other toppings choose your favorite toppings!
- Melt the chocolate (or other flavored) chips in a double boiler over medium-low, till smooth and slightly thinned.
- Simultaneously, heat the dulce de leche in a pot over low heat till thinned.
- Place a layer of chips or pretzels on the serving plate. Using a spoon, drizzle chocolate and caramel over the top of chips.
- Sprinkle over the chocolate and caramel with a layer of the toppings of your choice.
- Add another layer of chips, drizzled with chocolate and caramel, and topped with another layer of toppings.
- My bag of chips made about two layers, but keep on building if you have more chips and toppings! Enjoy!!