I can’t believe it’s already August and kids are already starting to go back to school! This summer has been so busy and has totally flown by. I am so glad to be home and getting back into my routine, though it’s definitely challenging! I didn’t want to get through the entire summer without some fun summer recipes.
I’m not much of a beer drinker, but as you can tell from this blog, I am a fan of alcohol in my desserts. And one of my favorite breweries is Harpoon, here in Boston. And one of my favorite names for beer is Harpoon’s Camp Wannamango. The name and the logo just scream summer!
When I went to buy the Wannamango, the store was starting to stock the shelves with pumpkin beers. PUMPKIN! In August! I’m glad I was able to get some before the summer ended. The beer makes the cupcakes so moist and the mango flavor really comes through, but it’s not overpowering.
If you’ve ever made one of my recipes you know that I like to use as few dishes as possible, but it is very important that you combine the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately first. I tried to take a shortcut and it was a mess! As much as I love to make my recipes as easy and dish-free as possible, it’s worth the extra dish!
Now make some cupcakes and close out the summer with a Wannamango BANG!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups Camp Wannamango
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 stick butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Camp Wannamango
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a cupcake tin with paper liners.
- In one bowl, combine sugar, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine beer, oil, and eggs.
- Mix the liquids, slowly adding the dry ingredients, until just combined.
- Fill cupcake liners approximately 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cupcakes are golden.
- Let the cupcakes sit in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat all ingredients together until the icing is desired consistency. If too wet, add additional powdered sugar. If too thick, add additional beer.
- Spread over top cupcakes once fully cooled. Top with dried mango if desired.